Ever turn on the TV to a show you didn't like? Of course. We all do. Did you blame the manufacturer of the TV? Of course not. You just grabbed the remote and found a better show.
Ever hear a lousy song on the radio? Sure. Does that mean your radio doesn’t work? Nope. It just means you’ve got to find a better song on another station.
Bottom line: it’s not the media – or in this case, the Facebook Page, that makes us accept or reject it. It’s about the content. The better the content, the better the customer connection.
So, is there a role for Social Media @ Tier II?
Consider this. Few would argue with utilizing Social Media for branding purposes. Fewer still would object to it being an engaging tool for individual Dealers. But many would be surprised by how effective it can be at Tier II. And, it turns out that FDAFs are uniquely positioned to create local content that Fans LOVE.
So, you ask, does interesting content really create quality hand-raisers, sales and ROI?
The answer can also be summed up in three words: yes, yes and yes.
In fact, at Flash Point, it's our specialty. We create proven Tier II content and deliver it to Dealer Groups cost-effectively. Then we implement their programs, integrating social media with their other digital media. Once everything is up and running, we track it in real time. And report the results from click to sale.
Some (unexpected) results
No one argued with us when we said we'd deliver "online advocacy" – that is, encourage people to "like", "comment", and "share" Sales Event-related Facebook posts. But when we claimed we'd deliver hand-raisers and sales, too? We got some raised eyebrows.
So, one automotive manufacturer put us to the test.
In 2012, four national sales events served as a perfect springboard for Flash Point. On average, 25 dealer groups and 150+ individual dealerships participated in our social media initiatives. The results:
- 114,118 incremental hand raisers
- 4,538 matched sales (new vehicles only; add used vehicles and the number goes much higher!)
- 1,574 matched conquest sales
- 34.7% conquest rate
- A 4% buy rate, double what you’d expect from direct mail
- Millions of earned impressions (not purchased; they came for free!)
- A spectacular ROI!
The choice is yours
It’s all up to you. You could:
- Ignore social media. You’ll have lots of company, but you’ll miss an entire generation (or two) of potential customers who actually want to talk with you.
- Buy some banner ads on the internet. But outside of brand recognition, don’t expect ROI.
- Take the DIY approach… that is, if you’re sure you’ve got both the resources and expertise to design, implement and track an integrated social media program.
- Or work with Flash Point Communications, an experienced partner in delivering ROI on social media. And let us help you turn your Dealer Group Partnerships, Sponsorships and Relationships into Facebook gold – driving fans, hand-raisers and sales for your Dealers.
To learn more about how your Dealer Group can benefit from Social Media in 2013, call or email us today. Here’s to a fantastic new year!